This is a great way to get your vegetarian and vegan friends covered at your next holiday meal. This recipe is so pretty, and at the same time, simple to do.
My inspiration comes from this recipe, but as it was rather complex, I simplified things to make it quick and easy.
Everyone loved this!
- 1 block extra firm tofu. The blocks I see are always 350-400 grams.
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Take tofu out of its packaging and quickly squeeze dry between paper towels. I don’t bother with longer draining or pressing.
- With a sharp knife, cut deeply into the tofu in a crisscross pattern, or a diamond pattern. Place into a small, high baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the oil, marmalade, soy, garlic and BBQ sauce in a small bowl and spoon about half over the tofu, helping the glaze enter in between the cut lines.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then take tofu out and spoon even more of the glaze on top.
- Return into the oven for 10-15 more minutes.