I saw this interesting recipe on the israeli food blogger Ron Yohananov’s website. Since then, I made my own tweaked version at least 10 times.
This is so fast, easy and delicious. A real winner and a full, complete meal on one tray.
You should definitely try it.
This recipe feeds my family of 5, but can be done with only 1 pack of gnocchi and less filets for a smaller crowd. Seasoning stays the same.
- Frozen fish fillets, thawed and patted dry. I use 2lb pack of Basa fillets from my local supermarket, but salmon, haddock, tilapia or other fish fillets will work out just fine.
- 2 packs dry potato gnocchi (500 gr each)
- A handful cherry tomatoes, halved. You can also add mushrooms/peppers or sliced zucchini and its delicious.
- For the sauce:
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, pepper, chili flakes
- Before baking: 1/2 cup broth (chicken or veg, it’s really up to you)
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit or 200 Celsius
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl
- Drop gnocchi on a lined baking tray and pour most of the sauce on top. Mix well and add tomatoes.
- Place fish fillets on top of gnocchi and brush with remaining sauce.
- Pour 1/2 cup of broth carefully on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- If desired, broil for a minute or 2 just before serving.