When I say toaster, I actually mean a panini press, George Foreman grill, or any one of those electrical sandwhich press grill thingies. I highly recommend those.
If you love eggplants, but are intimidated by the process of making them just like at the restaurant, fear no more. I got this.
You will need:
- A sandwich press
- 1 eggplant
- oil or oil spray
- For the finishing touches: tahini or yogurt, rock salt, sumac (optional), chopped fresh parsley
- Heat your sandwich press.
- Cut the eggplant’s edges, then cut the eggplant in half width wise.
- salt the eggplant pieces and place face down on the oiled grill. Close the lid.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, until charred and soft.
- Drizzle with yogurt or tahini, salt, sumac and chopped parsley.