For my fellow parents out there, doesn’t it seem like the kids are NEVER at school? be it sick days, medical appointments, Ped days or whatever esoteric national holiday, it seems to me they spend more time warming my couch than their school benches.
My kids are older now, and no longer attach themselves to my calves, but that doesn’t mean I don’t need to come up with reasons to unglue them from their screens.
Cookies are never frowned upon, and even my eye rolling teenager is usually agreeable to bake and decorate these sweet treats. With only 3 ingredients, it really is child’s play.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) soft, room temperature butter.
- Optional: sprinkles, chocolate chips, jam
- Mix butter using an electric mixer until fluffy looking.
- Add sugar and mix for 5 more minutes. Turn mixer off
- Gradually add flour and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the soft mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a roll. Make square edges if you like. Wrap and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- Slice into cookies and place on a baking sheet. Decorate if you wish.
- Bake in a 160 degrees Celsius Or 320 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or so. Cookies do not need to brown.