This winner vegetarian recipe is another one of my “dump everything in a pan” favorites. It’s tasty, it looks fancy, it uses frozen broccoli and it can easily be served as supper, or at brunch. This quiche keeps very well in the fridge for a few days, so also perfect for lunches. What’s not to like? Well, if you ask my youngest, everything with broccoli is “yuck”, but then again she gets excited about fruit loops, so never you mind.
Make this quiche! you won’t regret it.
- 1 pack (about 500 gr or 1 lb.) frozen broccoli florets. No need to thaw.
- 1.5 cups (150 gr) grated cheese (Mozza, cheddar, whatever you fancy)
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooking cream (15% fat) or heavy/whipping cream (35%-38%)
- 5 eggs (use only 3 whole and 2 whites for a waistline friendly version)
- 1/5 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp dry onion or onion soup powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit. Oil a medium sized square or rectangular oven pan or line with oiled baking paper.
- Dump frozen broccoli florets into pan, spread grated cheese on top.
- In a bowl, mix cream, eggs, flour and spices and pour over the broccoli.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden and pretty.
Slice and enjoy!