This is a perfect example how something can turn out greater than the sum of its parts. I mean, this recipe requires 2 ingredients, if you do not count the pinch of salt, and the result is DIVINE. Creamy, rich and sophisticated. If you ever day dreamed about chocolate being healthy, this is as close as it gets. The fact that only it takes 5 minutes to assemble doesn’t hurt either…
All you will need for this recipe is bitter sweet chocolate (chips or squares) and Tahini. Tahini, for those not familiar with it, is basically sesame butter (think natural peanut butter). It is a staple in middle eastern cuisine and an important ingredient in hummus for example. It is a rich, tasty, versatile ingredient and very nutrient rich. win-win situation.
So, back to our chocolate-tahini fudge.
you will need:
- 2 cups bitter sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Tahini (stir the tahini in the jar prior to pouring)
- a pinch of salt (important!)
- Optional: topping of your choice. I sprinkled kosher salt and slivered almonds on top of mine.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, mixing well between each, until the chocolate is melted.
- Add tahini and salt and mix well to combine.
- That’s it folks. Pour into a square 8×8 inch Pyrex or any other container you fancy, lined with plastic wrap or not, and decorate with your choice of topping.
- Keep in the freezer until solid then cut into cute little cubes to serve. Keep in the freezer since this gets melty kinda fast.