This “ice cream” has no dairy in it, and no ice cream maker needed. No nasty cool whip either! It comes together in your mixer with only 3 simple ingredients and the process is super fun to watch. Like magic! it puffs and gathers volume and from almost nothing, BAM! you have desert. This cannot be easier or more fun to make.
You will need:
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2.5 cups frozen strawberries, thawed. Or fresh red ones, if very ripe and red.
- A stand mixer, or hand mixer and a very large bowl.
- Place egg white, sugar and strawberries in the mixer bowl and start mixing slowly, increasing the speed to medium, then high.
- Continue mixing on high for 10 minutes at least, watching in wonder how the pink, pretty fluff keeps rising until the mixture fills the bowl.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl or a Pyrex dish (I had to use 2!) and freeze for a few hours.
- Serve (decorated with fresh strawberries if you like) and enjoy!