Can you have your comfort food and your green vegetables at once? Yes, yes you can!
3 ingredients, not including salt and pepper and this quick, delicious side dish is yours.
You will need:
- 1 bag frozen, cut green beans (750 grams. Google tells me this is equivalent to 1.6lb)
- 2 heaping Tbsps. butter or 30 grams
- 1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs. Panko stays crunchy and crispy and you will love it
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook frozen green beans in a pot of boiling, salted water until done. I like them soft, my husband prefers crisp. I am obviously right. Drain.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter on medium heat and add panko. Stir fry for a few minutes until the bread crumbs are fregnant and darker in color.
- Add drained beans, salt and pepper and mix well for 3 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy!